Our mission statement
We conduct world-class, impactful research into the role of digital technologies to support learning in the higher education and workplace learning sectors, exploring multiple contexts (formal education, informal learning, lifelong learning), and involving various modes (blended, hybrid and fully online).
Our vision is to be a national and international leader in digital education research and innovation. Over the next 5 years, through delivery of activities in this strategy, we strive to:
- Create, advance and disseminate knowledge about the theory and practice of digital education;
- Develop a distinctive portfolio of research, focused on the higher education and workplace learning sectors;
- Create a portfolio of distinctive inter-disciplinary research, aligned with the university’s grand challenges, reflecting our expertise;
- Collaborate with leading national and international researchers in digital education;
- Develop outstanding graduates and scholars at the forefront of research and innovation in digital education;
- Increase the effectiveness and efficiency of digital education practice, taking into account the perspectives of all stakeholders;
- Demonstrate impact by influencing national and international public education polices in the area of digital education.
Our research focus
The Centre will serve as an institutional focus for interdisciplinary research in the field of digital education, critically investigating innovation processes in education. Our primary drivers are research excellence and impact. Our aims are to:
- create, advance and disseminate knowledge about the impact of digital technologies on learning;
- create, advance and disseminate knowledge about the relationships between digital technologies and theory-informed educational practice;
- encourage a productive exchange with researchers exploring the role of digital technology in society;
- develop collaborations with leading researchers in digital education nationally and internationally;
- serve as an institutional hub for digital education research;
- support institutional policy making in the area of digital education, through research-informed evidence;
- become one of the leading groups for digital education nationally and internationally;
- develop outstanding graduates and scholars;
- shape public educational policies in the area of digital education;
- work with educational practitioners across the globe to improve evidence-informed best practice regarding digital technologies and learning.